Over at Writing From The Tub, Carly has come up with this fun Book Tag – about all the books you have been meaning/wanting to read for the last however long but have just never picked up.
I have a rather large TBR list, so this should be relatively simple!
1. Which book has been on your TBR for the longest?
1984 by George Orwell. I have been meaning to read this since first year of college, which makes it coming up 9 years now. (I feel so old…)
2. Name an author you’ve been wanting to read for ages now?
M.D. Lachlan – I bought his first book not long after it came out. It is still sat waiting for me on the bookshelf.
3. Tell me a series you’re determined to finish but need to play catch up with?
The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare – I am up to book three now.
4. Let’s go one better – tell me a full series you want to read but haven’t started yet?
I quite fancy the Game of Thrones series but I might wait until it is less popular and thus less extortionate to buy.
5. What are five books published over a year ago that you want to read this year?
Dodger by Terry Pratchett
A Good Dog by Jon Katz
The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
Checkmate by Malorie Blackman
Gathering by Kelly Armstrong
6. Which book have you been wanting to reread but haven’t got the chance?
I really want to re-read the last Harry Potter. Could do with re-reading all of them, actually.
7. To finish, give me one book to film adaptation you missed in the cinema but want to catch on DVD?
I would quite like to see Catching Fire and also the two Hobbit movies as I have missed all of those. Having Smalls somewhat hinders cinema outings.
I tag Liberty
in this one because I know she has a TBR list like mine