I jumped on the bandwagon and set myself a Day Zero Challenge of 101 things to do in 1001 days. I have 812 days left and have so far completed 27% of my challenges and half-done a few more.
Curious? Here are my 101 tasks:
See a movie in 3D with Sy
Learn to play F properly on the guitar
Take Arthur swimming.
4. Take Tori and Arthur to an aquarium.
5. Visit Bath Cats & Dogs Home
6. Cook homemade chicken Kievs
Go to a concert
Visit the theatre
9. Learn an Avril Lavigne song on the guitar
10. Finish Tori’s ‘First Year’ photo album
11. Make a ‘First Year’ album for Arthur
12. Put photos in Tori’s ‘My First Year’ Frame
13. Take Tori and Arthur up Blackpool Tower
14. Buy a new set of saucepans, frying pans & wok
15. Buy a matching crockery set and replace the old chipped ones
16. Teach Tori to count to ten
Grow some lettuce or similar in pots in the yard with Tori & Arthur
18. Take my Mum & Dad out for a nice meal & refuse to let them pay!
19. Dye my hair a new colour
20. Complete a 365 photo challenge
Get a new non-touchscreen phone!
Go to the zoo
Sing karaoke in a bar/at a party
Learn a poem off by heart
25. Go horseriding
26. Go iceskating
27. Go to London with Tori & Arthur
28. Buy a winning lottery ticket
29. Read The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
Wish on a shooting star
31. Have a family picnic
32. Carve a pumpkin at Halloween
33. Make a Simnel cake at Easter
34. Make a proper cooked breakfast
35. Cook my way through a cookbook (My Daddy Cooks – 12/100)
36. Write a proper letter to someone
Get my eyes tested
Have Arthur Christened
39. Finish Tori’s CareBear cross-stitch and get it framed
40. Write a short story
41. Start a savings account and put in £5 for every DayZero challenge completed.
42. Have a day out with Liberty involving shopping, a meal out and ending in a bar/pub.
43. Complete a puzzle book cover-to-cover
Visit a museum
45. Spend a day at the beach
46. Go without chocolate for a week.
Make homemade pizza
Go for a meal at Nando’s
49. Make a snowangel
50. Move house
51. Go for a meal at a Thai restaurant
52. Clear out my entire underwear drawer and buy some nice new replacements.
53. Write a CV
54. Buy a plant and keep it alive
55. Visit the Disney Store and replace my broken bowl and glass
56. Go to Bath Thermae Spa
57. Make fresh pasta from scratch
58. Have a themed night out for my birthday.
59. Complete a computer or console game all the way through
60. Buy a second spice rack and fill it.
61. Teach Tori and Arthur to play ‘Away In A Manger’ on the piano/keyboard
62. Make a cheesecake from scratch
63. Keep up with my Book of Happiness.
64. Sort out my room at Mum & Dad’s
65. Buy an oragami book and try to make every model at least once
66. Make chocolate rice krispie cakes with the kids.
67. Read an auto-biography
68. Build a house of cards and take a photograph before it falls down.
Inspire someone else to start a Day Zero project too.
Buy my mother flowers.
Send someone a present through the post just because I saw it and thought of them.
72. Read & return Liberty’s books.
73. French Plait my own hair successfully at least once (and take a photo for proof)
74. Ride on a rollercoaster
75. Have dinner by candlelight
76. Light a firework (sparklers don’t count)
77. Go for a walk in the rain and jump in the puddles.
78. Get a manicure
79. Jump on a train and go somewhere random and new for the day.
80. Buy that essential ‘Little Black Dress’ and wear it out somewhere.
Buy some bright red heels and wear them with pride.
Weigh less than 10 stone
83. Make at least 5 different cocktails out of my cocktail recipe book.
84. Raise money for a charity by doing something (sponsored or a sale)
85. Send my Grandparents a gift just to say I’m thinking of them.
86. Find out how to make Danish Butter Cookies and then try to do it.
Learn how to pipe icing.
88. Buy a case and strap for my guitar
89. Ask 5 different people to suggest a book to read and then read all 5.
90. Build a sandcastle
Give money to a street musician
92. Complete a colouring book with no help from the kids
93. Pay off my student overdraft
94. Buy Arthur his first pair of proper shoes.
. Wear shorts and actually leave the house.
Eat at Burger King.
Buy Tori & Arthur matching outfits.
98. Go shopping in the Birmingham Bullring and the Manchester Trafford Centre
99. Get into some sort of keep-fit routine and stick with it.
. Meet up with someone from Uni (other than Liberty)
101. Buy some cheese from the local market.