(Missed a Chapter? Click on ‘Elf On The Shelf’ on the top menu to find your place and catch up!)
A Few Weeks Later
‘LOCAL COUPLE FOUND DEAD ON CHRISTMAS DAY
Steven and Jennifer Boothe were found dead in their bed on Christmas morning by their children. The coroner, Oliver Lewis, concluded that both Steven and Jennifer died from ingesting toxic substances. It is believed the poison was found in either a bottle of beer or some mince pies that the couple shared before retiring to bed. The food companies involved have been contacted but no official suspects have been named and the investigation into the incident is ongoing.
James (14) and Lola (7) are currently staying with family and have a full support team in place. The family have asked for their privacy to be respected at this difficult time. Funeral details will be released later this week.’