So, apparently Vogue does this 73 questions thing (with interesting, famous people) and it’s really popular and people across the bloggosphere have been joining in because it’s
something to post when you’re in a January slump good fun.
not having to think up new and original ideas in January personality quizzes and things and I haven’t done one in ages so I thought I’d give it a go, though I fear it may just highlight how boring I actually am…
73 Questions with Carole
1. Were you named after anyone? Er, not that I know of… you’ll have to ask my parents that one.
2. When was the last time you cried? Reading The Apple Tart of Hope yesterday. (Really lovely book btw)
3. Do you like your handwriting? Only when I’m writing with a fountain pen, thick felt tip or proper handwiting pen (like you had in school). The rest of the time it’s just a hideous scrawl.
4. What is your favourite lunch? Jacket potato with bacon, beans and cheese. And coleslaw. And more cheese.
5. Instagram or Twitter? Probably Twitter, but it’s a close call.
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? If, as the other person, I was also a bit of an anti-social nerd, then probably.
7. Do you bake? Yes.
8. Do you like flying? Yes, apart from when I vomit on landing. Then I like it less.
9. Would you bungee jump? Probably, but only if someone else arranged it and didn’t tell me about it until we were there. And I’d probably cry first.
10. What is your favourite cereal? Crunchy Nut Cornflakes.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Depends on the shoes.
12. Do you think you’re strong? Physically? Eh, I’m not a total flake but I’m no body builder.
13. What is your favourite ice cream? Vanilla.
14. What is the first thing you notice about someone? Their hair.
15. Red or pink? Red
16. What is the least favourite thing about yourself? My lack of self-confidence.
17. Who do you miss the most? Timmy.
18. What was the last book you read because everyone was reading it? Everything, Everything
and it was great!
19. What film made you cry the most? Oh, I don’t know. I cry at everything. I cried twice watching Land Before Time last week and I’ve seen that hundred of times.
20. What was the last thing you ate? A custard cream.
21. What are you listening to right now? The traffic outside.
22. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be? Bright purple.
23. Favourite smell? Cinnamon
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? The kids’ dad.
25. Mountain hideaway or beach house? Mountain hideaway.
26. Favourite sport to watch? Gymnastics, especially the rhythmic disciplines.
27. Hair colour? Reddish-brown, though currently dyed more red than I naturally am.
28. Eye colour? Er, greyish. It changes depending on the light/my mood. Sometimes they’re more brown, or green, or grey…
29. Puppies or kittens? Can I have both?
30. Favourite food? Sweet: Marzipan. Savoury: Duck Chow Mein
31. Scary film or happy endings? Happy endings.
32. Last film you watched? How To Train Your Dragon 2.
33. What book are you reading now? Alienated by Melissa Landers
34. Summer or winter? Autumn?
35. Hugs or kisses? Hugs.
36. Favourite dessert? Syrup sponge and custard
37. Favourite room in your house? Would it be weird to say the stairs? I love all the pictures on the wall…
38. How long have you been on Facebook? Since 2006… so 10 years this year. Wow.
39. What is your favourite country to visit? Scotland. (Unless you mean outside the UK in which case, Austria)
40. What was the last country you visited? Scotland. (Or, Spain)
42. Favourite sound? Birdsong
43. Rolling Stones or the Beatles? Beatles.
44. What is the farthest you have been from home? Er… according to my quick research on the internet – Spain.
45. Do you have a special talent? Er…not that I can think of.
46. Where were you born? Hannover, Germany.
47. Where are you living now? North Shropshire, UK.
48. Favourite Hitchcock movie? I’ve only ever seen The Birds so I guess it has to be that.
49. What book have you read again and again? I, Houdini by Lynne Reid-Banks.
50. Favourite tv series that’s on now? Grimm, though it’s technically on a mid-season break until next week.
51. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Milk.
52. What’s your favourite drink? Cherry Pepsi Max or Gin & lemonade.
53. Who is your girl crush? I have several. Avril Lavigne is probably my most long standing though.
54. What was the first film you saw at the cinema? Possibly the Lion King. I don’t remember going before that.
55. Heels or flats? I want to say heels but my hip makes me wear flats these days 😦
56. Favourite bed time story? Hairy Maclary.
57. Bath or shower? Lazy bubble bath with a book.
58. What’s the hardest thing about being a mum? Getting up to do the school run every day.
59. Favourite band? S Club 7 or Hinder. And yes, I know that they couldn’t be more opposite if they tried.
60. Favourite solo artist? Avril Lavigne (with Brad Paisley coming in second at the moment)
61. To be or not to be? That is the question, is it not?
62. What would be the title of your autobiography? I Have No Idea What’s Going On.
63. Best gift you’ve ever received? I don’t know, people have given me lots of awesome things over the years, I can’t pick one over all the others.
64. Best gift you’ve ever given? These are impossible questions to answer!
65. Favourite fruit? Satsuma
66. What was your first pet? First that was mine was a hamster called Hunny. She liked to bite people.
67. Favourite board game? Trivial Pursuit.
68. How do you have your coffee? I don’t. Coffee is horrible.
69. Best invention? Steam Trains. (So many things to choose from, but they are useful and so full of power and grace that they won the mental battle over cars, laptops and the internet!)
70. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds.
71. Blow dry or air dry? Air dry – hair dryers are noisy and hot and make my hair fuzzy.
72. Cheap or expensive shampoo? Currently cheap but I have to sometimes get the expensive medicated one to stop myself from looking like I have fleas in hot weather when my scalp gets all irritated by the muggy heat.
73. How difficult was it to answer these questions? Most of them were fine, some of them were impossible.
And there we go – 73 random things about me that you probably didn’t want to know.