I am turning 29 next month, which means next year I’m going to have to go round all my social media and change the ‘twenty-something’ that has served me well for the last ten years to ‘thirty-something’ instead. Sigh. Effort.
It also means I feel like I should *do* something with this final period of twenty-somethingness. So why not 30 somethings, just for fun?
I will aim to update this page with how I’m doing on each thing as I go along. So you can cheer me on, or something.
Here we go:
1. Read 30 books that are new to me:
- Second Lives by Scott K. Andrews, 4*
- One Italian Summer by Keris Stainton, 5*
- Release by Patrick Ness, 5*
- 1984 by George Orwell, 3*
- Animal Farm by George Orwell, 3.5*
- The Last Wild by Piers Torday, 5*
- Kook by Chris Vick, 4.5*
- Mama’s Boy and Other Dark Tales, 2.5*
- Power Game by Christine Feehan, 3*
2. Watch 30 films that are new to me
- Speed (1994), 4.5*
- Captain America: Civil War (2016), 4*
- Clue (1985), 4.5*
- Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them (2016), 4*
- Below Her Eyes (2016), 2.5*
3. Acquire Scrabble and teach the kids to play it
- Scrabble acquired!
4. Fly a kite
Arthur made a kite at Beavers and we took it to the park on the next windy day and flew it together!
5. Walk up Snowdon
6. Visit 10 new-to-me National Trust/English Heritage properties/estates
- Haughmond Abbey, English Heritage
- Acton Burnell Castle, English Heritage
- Wenlock Edge, National Trust
7. Have a spa day
8. Visit Hawkestone Park and climb to the top of the tower
9. Complete 3 cross-stitch cards
10. Make 3 new-to-me cocktails (and drink them, obviously)
11. Cycle 50 miles in total (not all at once!)
Running total: 6.96miles
12. Eat out at 10 different restaurants
- River Thai, Shrewsbury
13. Eat something I have grown myself.
14. Get my tattoo done (anyone know anyone who is good at drawing dandelions?)
15. Enter a virtual race, raise money for charity & get a funky medal.
- I have signed up to do either 5k, 10k or half marathon distance either running, walking or hiking during the month of June 2017 in aid of The Stroke Association.
- On June 3rd I completed a hike around and over Brown Clee Hill that was a little over 10km. (I took Caius with me, it was fun.)
- Funky Super Mario medal received!
- Signed up for a second 10k hike in November with my Mum!
16. Make 5 new-to-me savoury recipes
17. Make 5 new-to-me sweet recipes
18. Swim in the sea
I swam in the sea in Malta! There were fish and super creepy… metal things on the sea floor (sea defences? I have no idea but they scared me!)
19. Be a book fairy on public transport 3 times
20. Binge/Re-watch all of Primeval and Torchwood and relive the old uni memories
21. Complete at least one of my colouring books from cover to cover
22. Host a dinner party
23. Stay in 3 different hotels
- Radisson Blu, Golden Sands, Malta
24. Get my ear pierced again (I have always wanted it doing at the top on the ear that sticks out more. It stands out anyway so I may as well decorate it, right?)
25. Volunteer at an event
26. Complete a High-Ropes course
27. Knit myself a cute fox scarf using this pattern
28. Sort and properly organise my craft/hobby supplies so that I can actually use them without embarking on a 3-hour mission to find everything (cross-stitching, knitting and card making all require ‘stuff’ and I have a lot of it!)
29. Go to the theatre
Night At The Musicals, Theatre Severn, 25/06/2017
30.Visist a branch of The Alchemist bar and drink awesome cocktails. Preferably with friends and not by myself like an almost-30 loner.